Hi, I’m Aakash Lakshmanan, currently an MMathPhys student at Oxford. The purpose of this website is to act as a sort of repository of my academic interests primarily in physics, some mathematics, the rare attempt at philosophy and any other academic interests I have.
I sometimes write lecture notes to force myself to properly learn an otherwise unpleasant subject (@optics). Sometimes I just like the phrasing of something so I like to upload it. Anyway, here are a few
- Introduction to Quantum Field Theory <— In progress right now
- Introduction To Topological Insulators
- Introduction to Scattering Theory (incomplete)
- Optics Review for First Year of Oxford course
- Waves (in severe need of updating and generalizing outside course)
I started a blog in high school to talk about interesting things I came across. Unfortunately, I’ve only made 1 or 2 posts since college has started but you can still view it here. You can also view the list of all posts in this directory.
Also, I have some Resource Recommendations but those were mostly formed when I started undergrad. As the years progressed, my approach to subjects became a lot messier and rarely relied on a singular or well defined set of texts so perhaps I should update the page to reflect that.